The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme rewards and recognises UK employers for their support and commitment towards Defence. The scheme encompasses Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards for employer organisations which pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to the Defence community, and align their values and activities with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Pledge your company’s support via the Bronze Award, or nominate an organisation for Silver or Gold below.
- Bronze Award holders are self nominated by employers who pledge their intention to support Defence, and take a positive stance towards Reservists who are either existing or prospective employees.
- Bronze Award holders seek to promote an Armed Forces friendly position, and are open to employing Reservists and supporting their training and mobilisation commitments.
- Silver Awards holders demonstrate support for Defence, employing at least one Reservist, actively communicating and upholding a positive stance to their employees via established HR policies and procedures.
- Silver Award holders support Reservists by showing flexibility to plan for and allow them to fulfil their annual training and mobilisation commitments.
- Gold Award holders proactively advocate and support Defence, communicating their commitment both internally to employees and externally to the wider community, through established policies and examples of support.
- Gold Award holders demonstrate significant support for Reservists, enabling them to fulfil their annual training and mobilisation commitments.