COMMANDANT BLACK WATCH BATTALION, ARMY CADET FORCE
- A vacancy will arise on 01 May 2017 for the post of Commandant with the Black Watch Battalion, Army Cadet Force, based at Queen’s Barracks in Perth. The Battalion comprises 22 detachments with around 600 staff and cadets on strength.
- The post of Commandant is a voluntary appointment. However the successful applicant will be granted the acting rank of Lieutenant Colonel and local rank of Colonel (depending on previous service) and is eligible to claim Volunteer Allowances in accordance with current regulations. In addition, payment for residence to place of duty and motor mileage allowances may also be claimed when on official ACF duty.
- Candidates must have commissioned service in the Regular Army, Army Reserve, ACF or CCF in the rank of Major or above. They should arrange for their current CO or Commandant to provide a reference for this prospective appointment direct to the Executive Staff Officer Highland RFCA at the address below. If an applicant does not have a current CO or Commandant, the names and addresses of two other referees should be provided.
- Applicants should forward a CV comprising no more than 2 pages, together with a covering letter demonstrating how they meet the essential requirements of the position and their wider motivation for the role, to:
Executive Staff Officer, Highland RFCA, Seathwood, 365 Perth Road, DUNDEE, DD2 1LX
- The closing date for applications is Friday, 31 March 2017. An Interview Selection Board will be convened at HQ 51 (Infantry) Brigade, Stirling, shortly thereafter.
Download the job description HERE.