Winter & Simpson Print was presented with the Armed Forces Covenant and Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Bronze Award on August 17.
Highland RFCA’s Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) Roy McLellan presented both certificates to Managing Director Kenny Simpson (pictured with Roy, right) at the firm’s Dundee HQ.
Winter & Simpson has more than 250 years of trading history. It delivers high quality lithographic and digital colour printing. They have been producing printed publications and promotional products for Highland RFCA for over five years.
Winter and Simpson first signed the Covenant in June 2023. By signing the Covenant, it has become one of the 10,000+ organisations to pledge support to the Armed Forces community.
Winter and Simpson’s commitment to honouring the Covenant includes pledges to:
- Promote the fact it is an Armed Forces-friendly organisation.
- Support the employment of Veterans and Service leavers.
- Support the employment of Service spouses and partners, including by providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Support employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists.
- Support employees who are Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs), granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units.
- Support national events such as Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
- Support Armed Forces charities.
Winter and Simpson also received the ERS Bronze Award. The ERS Awards encourage employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The prestigious Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards are for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the Armed Forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Kenny Simpson said: “At Winter and Simpson Print we pride ourselves on being a very inclusive and diverse workplace and the signing of the Armed Forces Covenant will further signify this by providing opportunities to Veterans, Reservists and their families. We are also delighted to have received the Bronze Award by showing our commitment to our dedicated Armed Forces.”