Kirkcaldy Cabs has been presented with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Highland RFCA’s Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) Roy McLellan presented the certificate to Director Mark Anderson (pictured, with Mark left) at the Kirkcaldy office of the taxi hire and transfer business on August 22.
The company has provided transport services to public, private hire and executive clients for more than 30 years. As part of its commitment to improving operational efficiency and to reducing fuel costs and vehicle emissions, it has achieved a rating from the ECO Stars Fleet Recognition Scheme in the Taxi and Private Hire Division.
Kirkcaldy Cabs first signed the Covenant in June 2023. By signing the Covenant, the firm has become one of the 10,000+ organisations to pledge support to the Armed Forces community.
Kirkcaldy Cab’s commitment to honouring the Covenant includes pledges to:
- Promote the fact it is an Armed Forces-friendly organisation.
- Support the employment of Veterans and Service leavers.
- Support the employment of Service spouses and partners, including by providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Support employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists.
- Support employees who are Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs), granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units.
- Support national events such as Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
- Support Armed Forces charities.
- Offer a discount to members of the Armed Forces community.
Signing the Covenant sets organisations on the journey to future recognition through the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS). The prestigious Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards are for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the Armed Forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.