Knockhill Racing Circuit’s Armed Forces and NHS 75 Appreciation weekend takes place on April 15 and 16.
Knockhill is an Armed Forces Covenant signatory and, since 2019, a holder of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Gold Award.
It has been extremely pro-active in its Armed Forces support and has previously held multiple Armed Forces Appreciation Days to recognise and pay tribute to all serving and veteran Armed Forces personnel and their families.
The event has expanded to a full weekend in 2023, meaning any serving member of the Armed Forces or veteran can get in free on either the Saturday or Sunday, or both days. Anyone accompanying them will get in for a concessionary rate. That offer is also extended to anyone working for the NHS.
It combines the best that both Knockhill Motor Sports Club (KMSC) and the Scottish Motor Racing Club have to offer.
Run by KMSC, this two-day car racing spectacular brings together ModSports, Classics, Legends, Minis, Fiesta STs, C1s and Super Lap Scotland for the “Best of Scottish” with the best racing and fastest cars in the country.
Saturday will feature general testing, qualifying and the start of one of the busiest weekends at Knockhill. Sunday is all racing as competitors chase for silverware and start their championships.
• SLS Championship – Round 1 of the six round Championship featuring some of the fastest modified and road cars in Scotland, battling to put their hands on the Super Lap titles.
• Scottish Legends Championship – These American styled Yamaha bike engine ‘pocket rockets’ are a fan favourite with the closest racing and overtaking guaranteed with their unique random grid format.
• ModSports Championship – This race series will see a vast array of super-charged sports and saloon cars racing head-to-head for those vital 1-2-3 podium positions.
• Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons – A quality grid of racing saloons and sports cars of yesterday, but being raced to the max by their owners!
• Mini Cooper Cup / Mini Cooper S – Two classes of Minis racing door handle to door handle in a three-race format.
• C1 Cup – The city car racers offer their own unique close and competitive racing.
• Fiesta ST Cup – The Fiestas have been a regular feature on the bill since the days of the XR2s as they are fast and highly entertaining.
Go to www.knockhill.com to find out more.