Highland Training and Margaret Morrison Ltd have become the latest organisations to sign the UK Armed Forces Covenant.
The Covenant is a commitment to support the UK’s servicemen and women, ensuring no member of the Armed Forces should suffer a disadvantage because of their service. The firms join more than 4,000 UK organisations to have now signed the Covenant.
During this difficult and unprecedented time due to the Covid-19 outbreak, it is wonderful to see organisations continuing to pledge their support to our Armed Forces.
Margaret Morrison Ltd played its part by signing the Covenant on 8 February 2020. Since 1999, the firm has specialised in the production of Highland Regalia Leatherwork, combining traditional and modern techniques to help promote Highland Wear in the present day.
Highland Training signed the Covenant on 29 April 2020. Established in 2014, the organisation focuses on security, safety and first-aid vocational training in Inverness and the Highlands. The founder and owner, Michael Murdoch, has a military background that brings a wealth of experience to the business.
Margaret Morrison Ltd and Highland Training signing and committing to honour the Covenant includes pledges to:
- Promote their organisation as Armed Forces-friendly.
- Seek to support the employment of veterans of all ages.
- Strive to support the employment of Service spouses and partners.
- Endeavour to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Seek to support employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible.
- Offer support to local cadet units where possible.
- Aim to actively participate in the Armed Forces Day.
The Covenant signings were organised by Highland Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association, led by the organisation’s Regional Employer Engagement Director Roy McLellan. The circumstances were unusual as there were no formal signing events due to lockdown restrictions.
The next step for Margaret Morrison Ltd and Highland Training would be to take part in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS), striving for Bronze, Silver and Gold ERS awards. To read more about the ERS, click here.
Find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant here.
Visit Highland Training’s website here.
Visit Margaret Morrison Ltd’s website here.